200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
OMY is dedicated to helping you succeed in all your yoga endeavors, whether they are professional or personal, this program is proven to help students succeed and thrive. Upon tuition deposit the student obtains program texts and is registered for the in-depth OMY Online Teacher Training Prep® course and Yoganatomy for 200 Hour Teacher Training® online course which they may begin at any time and must complete before certification. The 200 hour program includes, but is not limited to the following academic areas:
• Techniques, Training and Practice: Asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. Including analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
• Teaching Methodology: Communication skills such as in group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries including how to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations. Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting in the studio environment.
• Anatomy and Physiology: Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications and healthy movement patterns). All tuitions include the Yoganatomy Online Teacher Training Course and the OMY Online Program..
• Yoga philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics: Study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita). Lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma. Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher-student relationships and u nderstanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva).
• Practicum: Time practicing teaching others within the classroom environment with the lead trainer and/or teaching actual studio classes.
• Non-contact hours: Although students are strongly encouraged in their home practice and in the study of Yoga as part of their everyday lifestyle, the online programs far exceed all required non-contact hours.
Open Enrollment September 2017 - January 2018
OMY 200 hour teacher training dates provide students the option to obtain certification within four months or take up to one academic year. Upon OMY TT program acceptance the student will develop a Program of Study with a Lead Trainer indicating enrollment in 8 specific weekend intensives pursuant of the 200 hour certificate.