300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
OMY's 300-hour advanced training is designed to build upon and deepen the teacher's understanding of the fundamental concepts of the practice and teaching of yoga that are generally taught at the RYS 200-hour level. This advanced training prepares students to teach principles and techniques of yoga that are more advanced, more detailed, and/or subtler, and enables them to teach with greater skill and confidence. The 300 hour program includes, but is not limited to the following academic areas:
• Techniques, Training and Practice: Advanced asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques with a mix of analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques with guided practice of the techniques themselves. Substantial emphasis is provided with both learning and delivering.
• Teaching Methodology: Teaching styles and communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries including how to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations.
• Anatomy and Physiology: Human physical anatomy and physiology including energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Specifically addresses both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice. All tuitions include the Yoganatomy Online Teacher Training Course.
• Yoga philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics: Investigation, debate and deepening study of current and historical concepts of Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma. Ethical issues for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community involvement.
• Practicum: Time practicing teaching others within the classroom environment with the lead trainer and teaching a minimum of 5 hours of actual public classes during the course of training.
• Non-contact hours: Although students are strongly encouraged in their home practice and in the study of Yoga as part of their everyday lifestyle, the online programs far exceed all required non-contact hours.
OMY 300 hour teacher training provides students the option to obtain certification within six months or take up to one academic year. Upon OMY TT program acceptance the student will develop a Program of Study with a Lead Trainer indicating enrollment in 12 specific weekend intensives pursuant of the 300 hour certificate. Weekends may not be broken into days and must be completed in their entirety. This program is deeper in scope than the 200 and may entail live active teaching and mentoring of 200 hour candidates.