WHAT ARE THE STUDIO GUIDELINES?
- Arrive at LEAST 10 minutes prior to class start time. The door will be locked at the start of class to avoid disruptions. Besides, we love early people!
– Remove your shoes and socks at the door and turn off your phone ringer, or switch to airplane mode before class begins. Please do not talk on your phone in the studio before or after class.
- We ask that both men and women wear shirts during class. Tank tops are appropriate.
- Check in at the instructor prior to every class and make sure you are signed in and your account is up to date (not every teacher may know your name so please give your name at check-in).
- Make space for students who arrive after you. It's good Karma!
- Try to keep chatting low, as some students prefer to meditate prior to class.
- If you must leave class early, inform the teacher beforehand and please make every effort to do so quietly and quickly. We try to end class on time whenever possible. We respect your time.
- Read your newsletters! They contain valuable information regarding class schedules and events. We try to only include relevant information.
- Please treat studio props with reverence and replace them the way you found them. It's part of your yoga practice!
IS YOUR STUDIO "HOT" YOGA?
We believe natural heat built from the body is the way to go for us. Our studio is kept around 72 degrees year around except for the Power Yoga class, which is warmed to around 84 degrees.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF YOGA
There are myriad benefits to yoga, with some of the most notable physical benefits being an increase in flexibility, strength and muscle tone. What most people notice after beginning yoga is a decrease in stress, irritability and tension. Yoga is a wonderful gift to your mind, body and spirit. See for yourself! The benefits are limitless.
DO I NEED MY OWN YOGA MAT AND WATER BOTTLE?
Yes! While we do have 'loaners' for first time students to borrow, if you are coming to more than one class, procure your own mat. This shows dedication to your practice, and is more sanitary. If you do borrow a mat, please spray it clean after class. We also carry mats for purchase as well as blocks, bolsters, straps and blankets. Bring your own water bottle, we share a fountain with Mama Jean's but you may not want to stay gone that long!
DO I NEED TO? RESERVE A SPOT FOR CLASS?
No, but it helps to pre-register. Just come in at LEAST 10 minutes prior to class time to get signed up and settled in. For your first visit, arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class time. Bring a mat, water and a smile! We use MindBody online so if you'd like to schedule and plan ahead, you may create a profile, sign in or pay online also. If you download the MindBody app with geo-tracker, it will check you in automatically when you arrive! This may save you a lot of your zen time at the studio. You can start pre-registering by picking a class on the SCHEDULE.
WHICH CLASS IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Not any two yoga classes are the same, neither are the teachers that teach them, so try several. Take a moment to peruse the class descriptions and pick a couple that fit your schedule and skill level. Gentle Flow and Hatha Vinyasa are all wonderful places to start!
I FEEL TO INFLEXIBLE,/OLD/OVERWEIGHT/EMBARRASSED TO TRY YOGA. CAN I STILL DO IT?
We understand that it can be difficult to begin a new physical practice. Everything about yoga is geared to honoring where your body is right now. We do everything we can to suspend judgement and to encourage each and every person. This environment is a safe place to grow and learn. Some people who still have concerns find that having one or two private sessions prior to coming to a class is quite helpful.
WHAT IF A CLASS IS CANCELLED FOR WEATHER OR HOLIDAYS?
Our SCHEDULE is live-updated. Look ahead on the class schedule for holiday classes and check our Facebook Site. For weather and as a general rule we always try to make it, we love being here! School closings are no indicator of the car drivability or clearing times of roads. But when necessary to cancel a class, we will do so at least 1 hour in advance. Check FACEBOOK and the SCHEDULE!
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR REGULAR CLASSES?
Each child is different, but as a general rule, 12+ is our minimum age. If you feel your child under the age of 12, but over the age of 9 can conduct themselves well (like the adults in class), let them have a try! We will be frank with you if we feel they aren't ready for an adult class. We may on occasion have a series or workshop geared just for younger yogis and those age ranges and costs will be listed on the event descriptions.
WHAT IF I LEAVE AN ITEM BEHIND OR LOSS IT?
We are not responsible for lost or missing items, but we will do what we can to reunite you with your items! Items left behind will be donated to a local charity after 30 days. Mats left for more than 2 weeks will be added to our 'loaner mat' collection.
DOES YOGA PROMOTE A PARTICULAR RELIGION OR LIFESTYLE?
Yoga does not promote any type of dogma and you are not required to commit to a particular lifestyle to do yoga. We encourage each person to explore their own path! You may find that as you practice more yoga, you naturally feel inclined to be more mindful of what you put into your body and how you treat your body, mind and spirit!
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE WEEKLY EMAILS ON OUR LATEST NEWS, EVENTS AND MORE
1110 East Republic Rd Suite 108 A Springfield Missouri 65807 • 417 . 920 . 3774 • email@example.com