Preparing for Class
& Common Questions
• You are encouraged to register online prior to class so that as many students as possible may be accommodated. Signing up online makes the most of your studio time, but it's not required!
• Avoid wearing perfumes, other fragrances, or smoking cigarettes before class.
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing that allows you to stretch easily.
• Yoga is best practiced with bare feet and on an empty stomach. Avoid eating 1-2 hours before class and leave your shoes in the front cubbies upon entering.
• If you’re new to OMY, please arrive early to sign in and get settled. At least 10 minutes early is a good rule in general.
• There is an expansive parking lot in back of the Green Circle building and parking there is often far less congested.
• It's recommended you to bring and use your own yoga mat, but do provide free loaner mats and props. (also available for purchase at the studio)
• Always stay for savasana (the final pose). It's the most important part!
Is your studio "Hot" Yoga?
The studio is kept around 75 degrees year around except for Ashtanga and Power Yoga class, which is warmed to 84 degrees.
Do you really go on the roof?
Yes, weather permitting and at the discretion of the instructor class may be held on the rooftop deck or front porch of the studio.
Where do I start?
Decide if you would like to attend a public class on the regular schedule (look for "beginner" in the Class Description) or take a Beginner's Yoga series, Workshop, Private Lesson or Consultation.
Can my child attend?
All kids have different maturity levels. They are welcome if they can stay on their mats for the entire class and not be disruptive. Children under 16 must always be accompanied by an adult.
Can I attend a workshop?
Yes! Although many workshops at OMY are geared towards Yoga teachers and related professionals, they are all open to the general public and accessible for absolutely everyone.