Ozark Mountain Yoga Teacher Training
All programs are all-day intensives and require Friday evening first session orientation. Every program meets or exceeds Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Standards. It is recommended that you become familiar with these standards at: https://www.yogaalliance.org/credentialing/standards/200-hourstandards
Starting May 2017
May 20-21, June 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, July 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, August 5-6
Includes attendance to the 4th Annual Ozark Mountain Yoga Festival)
One Weekend a Month
Sept 9-10th, Oct 7-8th, Nov 11-12th, Dec 9-10th
Jan 6-7th, Feb 10-11th, March 3-4th, April 8-9th
BECOME A REGISTERED YOGA TEACHER (RYT) AT OZARK MOUNTAIN YOGA (OMY)
OMY RYT 200 & RYT 300(500) LEVEL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING INCLUDES
• Flexibility with a variety of track options including start and completion dates to fit your busy schedule.
• We want you to have a great experience and feel welcome any time. As a registered Teacher Training Trainee with Ozark Mountain Yoga all of the studio offerings are available as part of your experience. This includes all classes, open studio time, workshops and other happenings. Enjoy your stay!
• Your Authentic Voice: We give you the space and opportunity to discover and develop your own teaching style, including unlimited open studio time.
• Principles of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology related directly to yoga with proprietary online resources and during live workshops with experts in the field such as Dr. James Hackney and David Keil.
• Ability to complete both a 200 and 300 hour program to be eligible for the distinction of RYT 500.
• We take it outside! Whenever possible we are out into our large park-like yard or on our rooftop green deck. Free Wifi for independent study time!
• Truly Learn to Teach: Our program isn't about memorization of sequences or listening to lectures. Instead an emphasis is placed on interactive group learning and active teaching principles right away. Most trainees teach live studio classes before graduation.
• Online Supplementation: Value added to your program immediately with our unique, multi-media rich, interactive online Teacher Training Prep course covering areas of philosophy, business and even anatomy all directly related to yoga and the art of teaching others.
Other factors completely unique to Ozark Mountain Yoga Teacher Training include...
• Lineage & Experience: Our lead trainers Jayme Sweere and Bill Lynch have over 20 years of adult higher education experience, both holding many certifications including graduate degrees and have had years of study with master yoga teachers. It shows and is proven that they truly care for your success. OMY studio teachers have all gone through the program as have had many successfully practicing teachers in the Ozarks and other parts of the country.
• Guest Faculty: During the program experts, including international Yoga teachers like David Keil, physicians, university professors, lawyers and business owners hold workshops in specific areas directly related to yoga and are most often held during teacher training weekends.
• Communication: We are always available either by email, text or phone and will take the time to answer your questions. We are happy to schedule one-on-one time with you and in person extra studio time before or after class is also very common. We love our studio and the people in it! You can almost always find someone here and we welcome you to join us any time.
• We want you to succeed! We provide advice and assistance in portfolio building and in helping you find that first gig in a studio or facility that's right for you. We will also support you well after teacher training is over with continuing education and support.
• You will never be rushed wondering where you can grab a bite or cup of tea as we are connected to Mama Jean's Natural Market and Deli. We also partnered with our neighbor Dynamic Earth and hold special events and are involved in happenings such as Hiking the Ozarks Outdoor Rendezvous and Yoga Retreat. All of these, including the Ozark Mountain Yoga Festival, trainees may attend for free.
Upon successful completion of the live teacher training program(s) the candidate receives a certificate that allows them to register as a yoga teacher (RYT-200 or RYT-500) with the Yoga Alliance registry of teachers.
ALL-INCLUSIVE TUITION INCLUDES
• All Teacher Training Sessions for One Year
• One Year Unlimited Yoga Classes at OMY
• All Textbooks and other Learning Materials
• Unlimited Access to David Keil’s Yoganatomy for Teacher Training Online Program
• Unlimited Access to the OMY Online Teacher Training Program
• Admission to Workshops* and Events During the Course of Training
• Extra Time with Lead Trainers such as Open Studio Time
• Unlimited Access to the OMY Online Teacher Training Program
• Registration Fees and Processing Assistance for Yoga Alliance Registry
Reduced Full Tuition Available!
TUITION FEES and POLICIES
The first step is to fill out the digital application under the drop down menu on this page. Second step, $20 Required Fee with Written Application (available in the studio only). Completed application(s) do not guarantee admittance and interviews, including class attendance with Lead Trainer(s) is necessary prior to program start in most cases. Upon acceptance a $500 non-refundable deposit is required and the student receives all textbooks, online program(s) login and may begin those sections.
All-inclusive tuition: $2650 ($20 application fee + $500 deposit + $2,130 ) upon this tuition payment the trainee may immediately start ALL classes, private trainings, OMY workshops* and events...regardless of when paid!
Full tuition of $2,100 ($20 application fee + $500 deposit + $1,580) the trainee may attend all training weekends with options to purchase additional available services.
No tuition refunds are available. If a scheduled module weekend date(s) is missed, it is up to the student to find a date comparable to program content to make up missed material. This must be completed within one calendar year from time of missed date(s) and free classes at the Ozark Mountain Yoga studio are suspended if more than one section is missed without communication. *OMY Workshops are those facilitated by studio teachers and may exclude national or international presenters.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-18 academic calendar year.
START YOUR JOURNEY TODAY!
Ozark Mountain Yoga teacher training weekends often include Workshops that are open to the public. These often include guest lecturers in the fields of anatomy, philosophy, teaching methodology, business of yoga, to just name a few and are available for anyone to attend. We are an official Continuing Education Provider registered through the Yoga Alliance and these workshops are a great way for registered yoga teachers to gain contact hours of required continuing education.