Ozark Mountain Yoga Presents...
Y12SR-Yoga of 12 Step Recovery Leadership Training with Kyczy Hawk
August 24-26, 2018
$375 Investment, $350 prior to 7/24/2018
This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. We suggest taking the Online Intensive prior to Leadership Training. For more information please visit www.y12sr.com or call 317.691.3270
During the Y12SR Leadership training, you will learn how to...
• Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
• Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
• Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
• Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
• Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
(Pay What You Can)
All donations go to Care to Learn!
These workshops on the schedule are intended to give the community a chance to meet the teachers at OMY and try out their classes. These are regularly scheduled classes, but once a week, they are a "Pay What You Can Workshop."
Inhale, and exhale. The rest of the workshops will load momentarily, thank you!
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE WEEKLY EMAILS ON OUR LATEST NEWS, EVENTS AND MORE
1110 East Republic Rd Suite 108 A Springfield Missouri 65807 • 417 . 920 . 3774 • firstname.lastname@example.org